+1 to using bash, the argument about not keeping POSIX compliance for the sake of it makes sense to me.

On 04/15/2014 07:31 AM, Ghe Rivero wrote:
+1 to use bash as the default shell. So far, all major distros use bash
as the default one (except Debian which uses dash).
An about rewriting the code in Python, I agree that shell is complicated
for large programs, but writing anything command oriented in other than
shell is a nightmare. But there are some parts that can benefit from that.

Ghe Rivero