On 04/10/2014 08:25 AM, Dmitry Mescheryakov (Code Review) wrote:
Dmitry Mescheryakov has posted comments on this change.

Change subject: Add inject hadoop native libs to vanilla hadoop 2

Patch Set 2: Looks good to me, but someone else must approve

(1 inline comment)

File diskimage-create/diskimage-create.sh
Line 143:     export
HADOOP_NATIVE_LIBS_DOWNLOAD_URL=${HADOOP_NATIVE_LIBS_DOWNLOAD_URL:-"http://sahara-files.mirantis.com/hadoop-2.3.0-native-libs.tar.gz"}

Discussed that with Sergey L, Sergey R and Alexander I.

The integration tests are passing on the images, which means that
Hadoop with these native libs works on all the OSes. So basically it
should be working fine, we just don't have enough experience running
it with the lib.

But on the other side we have a backup plan: if images do not work in
certain cases, we will rebuild images without native libs and replace
current images with them. Also sahara-image-elements is not
distributed, so we can just put a fix into stable/icehouse branch at
any moment.

Overall it is fine to include this patch into Icehouse release.

dmitry,

the goal here was to make sure that the native libraries are loaded for performance reasons, and as far as i know we don't have any validation of poor or improved performance for this change. that aside,

to my knowledge we don't have an integration test that looks at performance or even that the native libraries are loaded, in use and functioning.

i'll grant you that passing itests -> nothing obviously broken. however,

how are you drawing the conclusion that passing itests -> working native libs?

best,

matt