On 04/23/2014 12:12 PM, Zane Bitter wrote:
At the beginning of this year we introduced alternating times for the Heat weekly IRC meeting, in the hope that our contributors in Asia would be able to join us. The consensus is that this hasn't worked out as well as we had hoped - even the new time falls at 8am in Beijing, so folks are regularly unable to make the meeting. It also falls at 5pm on the west coast of the US, so folks from there are also regularly unable to make the meeting too. And of course it is in the middle of the night for Europe, so the meeting room looks like a ghost town.

Since we are in a new development cycle (with the PTL in a different location) and daylight savings has kicked in/out in many places, let's review our options. Here are our choices as I see it:

* Keep going with the current system or some minor tweak to it.

* Flip the alternate meeting by 12 hours to 1200 UTC. (8pm in China, late night in Oceania, early-morning on the east coast of the US and we lose the rest of the US.)

* Lose all US-based folks and have a meeting for the rest of the world at around 0700 UTC. (US-based folks include me, so I would have to ask someone else to take care of passing on messages-from-the-PTL.)

* Abandon the alternating meetings altogether.

abandon

What would people prefer? I'd particularly like to hear from folks based in Asia what times would enable them to regularly attend, while still ensuring there are other people there to talk to ;)

thanks,
Zane.