On 05/23/2014 03:02 PM, Joe Gordon wrote:

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 2:23 AM, Nachi Ueno <na...@ntti3.com <mailto:na...@ntti3.com>> wrote:

    Hi folks

    I believed we should link bug or bp for any commit except automated
    commit by infra.
    However, I found also there is no written policy for this.
    so may be, I'm wrong for here.

    The reason, we need bug or bp linked , is

(1) Triage for core reviewing
    (2) Avoid duplication of works

I'm not sure how this will help. folks will just file duplicate bugs write before the push there patch for review.

When you start to file a bug on Launchpad, it will first do a search based on the summary you enter, then provide a list of existing bugs with similar titles. It's not perfect, but I think this is what Nachi was referring to.

-Chris