Hi All,

There is a lot of tags in the subject of this e-mail but believe me that all listed projects (and even more) are relevant for the designs which I am sending out.

Nodes management section in Horizon is being expected for a while and finally I am sharing the results of designing around it.

http://people.redhat.com/~jcoufal/openstack/horizon/nodes/2014-05-28_nodes-ui.pdf

These views are based on modular approach and combination of multiple services together; for example:
* Ironic - HW details and management
* Ceilometer - Monitoring graphs
* TripleO/Tuskar - Deployment Roles
etc.

Whenever some service is missing, that particular functionality should be disabled and not displayed to a user.

I am sharing this without any bigger description so that I can get feedback whether people can get oriented in the UI without hints. Of course you cannot get each and every detail without exploring, having tooltips, etc. But the goal for each view is to manage to express at least the main purpose without explanation. If it does not, it needs to be fixed.

Next week I will organize a recorded broadcast where I will walk you through the designs, explain high-level vision, details and I will try to answer questions if you have any. So feel free to comment anything or ask whatever comes to your mind here in this thread, so that I can cover your concerns. Any feedback is very welcome - positive so that I know what you think that works, as well as negative so that we can improve the result before implementation.

Thank you all
-- Jarda