Thanks a lot, this works, i will update the wiki.

Gal.
----- Original Message -----

From: "Henry Gessau" <ges...@cisco.com>
To: openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:41:47 PM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron] Debugging Devstack Neutron with Pycharm

Gal Sagie wrote:

I am trying to debug devstack Neutron with Pycharm, i have found here (
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NeutronDevelopment#How_to_debug_Neutron_.28and_other_OpenStack_projects_probably_.29
 )
That i need to change the neutron server code to this=> eventlet.monkey_patch()
To: eventlet.monkey_patch(os=False, thread=False)

I don't need to do this. But I do need to go into the PyCharm settings under
Python Debugger and enable "Gevent compatible debugging".

I have done so, debug seems to run, but when i am trying to initiate commands
from the CLI i get this:

gal@ubuntu:~/devstack$ neutron net-list
Connection to neutron failed: Maximum attempts reached

Are you sure you have sourced openrc correctly for the credentials?

(the server seems to run ok...)

Any help is appreciated as i am trying to learn and understand main flows by
debugging the code locally.

First I start devstack in offline mode.
OFFLINE=True ./stack.sh

Once it is running I go to the neutron window in screen.
There I stop neutron-server with ctrl-C, and press up-arrow to view the start
command.

To run neutron-server in the PyCharm debugger edit the Run/Debug configuration
with the following settings:

Script: /usr/local/bin/neutron-server
Script params: --config-file /etc/neutron/neutron.conf --config-file
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini
# I got this from the screen window where I stopped neutron
Working directory: /opt/stack/neutron

Now restart neutron from PyCharm instead of screen.