On 06/12/2014 12:17 AM, Gregory Haynes wrote:
The issue is that distributions supported in TripleO provide different
tools for managing Pacemaker. Ubuntu/Debian provides crmsh, Fedora/RHEL
provides pcs, OpenSuse provides both. I didn't find packages for all our
distros for any of the tools. Also if there is a third-party repo
providing packages for various distros, adding dependency on an
untrusted third-party repo might be a problem for some users.

Although it's a little bit annoying, I think we will end up with
managing commands for both config tools, a resource creation sample:

if $USE_PCS;then
    crm configure primitive ClusterIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 params
ip=192.168.122.120 cidr_netmask=32 op monitor interval=30s
else
    pcs resource create ClusterIP IPaddr2 ip=192.168.0.120 cidr_netmask=32
fi

This seems like a reasonable solution if we can ensure that we have CI
for both branches of the installation. This is a big issue with our
current mariadb/percona installation and it sounds like were heading
down the same path here.

With mariadb/percona it's slightly different as these are separate elements and each of them works on all distros. With mariadb I was waiting until galera server is merged into Fedora (which already is), so it's a good time now to make it default for Fedora setup (a patch for this will be submitted soon).

If we can make USE_PCS directly dependent on the installed distro that
would be sufficient (CI for each distro would take care of the different
branches) but this gets a bit more complicated if you want to split crm
and pcs out into different elements (like in mariadb vs percona)...

Yes, usage of pcs is directly dependent on distro. Pcs/crm wouldn't be splitted into separate elements, it's just about calling 2 different commands in an os-refresh-config script depending on distribution (so we are sure both are tested).

Jan