Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what we'll be able to support in the near/far term
with regards to packaging applications. My understanding of the DSL is
incomplete and I'm trying to fix that :)  This isn't so much a usage question
as for assistance writing documentation.

Taking Wordpress as the ever-present example, imagine I want to present one
choice to a user:

*         Install it and mysql on one host

*         Install it on one host, and mysql on another host

This also implies that I have two Applications defined; one which describes how
to install Wordpress (and takes a database host/user/password as arguments, as
well as an instance), and one describing how to install a database (which maybe
also takes a username and password as arguments).

In terms of packaging, what's the best way to represent this? What would make
sense to me is to have the database Application defined in a library somewhere,
and the Wordpress Application and the logic and UI to take input and make
decisions in their own package.

This kind of composition seems very similar to the SQLServer/ActiveDirectory
example but it's hard working through the example. It was mentioned at the
summit that we need some good examples of what can be done above Heat (and the
reason this is a good example is because there's a direct comparison to Thomas
Spatzier's softwareconfig example heat templates).

I'm happy to write something up but I'd like some input first.

Steve