Hi Sam, I'll comment on what I know in-line. On Wed, 2014-07-02 at 15:29 +0000, Samuel Bercovici wrote: > To reiterate the Juno release plan from: > https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Juno_Release_Schedule > > Feature freeze is at: 21st August. > > > > I am listing tasks which we should consider to be done for Juno and > who should handle them. > > > > The following might be considered as critical path to get anything for > Juno: > > 1. LBaaS Plugin, API, DB – when is a code commit expected? The extension, plugin, and DB code are all implemented for the most part. Right now we are working on the "db" unit tests. The "plugin" tests have been converted from the old version. The reason I am using quotes is because the old plugin unit tests actually tested the extension, and the old db unit tests actually tested the plugin (though I can digress into a rant about how its not really unit tests, but I won't bog this down). So I'm probably jsut going to rename the modules.
After that is done I'll probably put this up on gerrit as a WIP because there still things left to be included that others are working on such as shim layers, agent tree refactor, namespace_driver refactor. > > 2. CLI Craig Tracey has been working on this. From what I understand he is close to completion. > > 3. LBaaS Driver Interfaces – done - > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/100690/ > > 4. Connecting the Plugin calls to the drive – I have not seen any > reference to this. I think we should use the “provider” capabilities > until “flavor” gets implemented. Is this addressed by item 1 above or > does it required an additional task? Yes that is what is being done in #1. > > 5. HA proxy reference implementation – when is a code commit > expected? I believe Dustin Lundquist was/is working on this. I'll let him give an update. > > 6. Tempest Tests Miguel Lavalle was working on this. > > > > Additional “Core” features > > 1. Horizon UI This one should be discussed more. I think we talked about that this can wait because the v1 API should remain unchanged and so Horizon can use that at first until a change is made. > > 2. Quota update/fix If by this you mean quota for loadbalancers, listeners, pools, members, health monitors, then this will be done in the refactor. > > 3. API Compatibility If by this you mean the new API and old API requests and responses work simultaneously then that will be done in the refactor. > > a. Connecting the “OLD API Plugin calls to “old/new” drivers. Is > this still planned? The old API plugin will not be calling the new driver interface. There may be a shim layer that turns the new object model into the old one and passes it to the drivers that do not follow the new driver interface. > > 4. Driver Compatibility Mentioned this above. > > a. Connecting the Plugin calls to “old” drivers. Is this still > planned? Touched on it above, but there may be a shim layer that does this translation. I also think if the old API and new API can live side by side this shim layer may not be needed. That needs to be a different discussion though. > > > Everything below does indeed depend on the refactor so I haven't been as involved as I should be in those discussions. I'll let those who are involved give updates. > In addition/parallel > > 1. TLS – > > a. BP is approved. > > b. WIP code was committed and waiting for the code of the basic > API/model to be available for start of review. > > c. HA Proxy reference implementation > > d. CLI > > e. Horizon Support > > f. Tempest Tests > > 2. L7 context switching > > a. BP in review > > b. WIP code in progress and waiting for the code of the basic > API/model to be available for initial commit > > c. HA Proxy reference implementation > > d. CLI > > e. Horizon Support > > f. Tempest Tests > > > > Anything else? > > > > > > Regards, > > -Sam. > > > > _______________________________________________ OpenStack-dev mailing list OpenStackemail@example.com http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev