On 2014/15/07 20:29, Gregory Haynes wrote:
Excerpts from Jaromir Coufal's message of 2014-07-15 07:15:12 +0000:
On 2014/10/07 22:19, Gregory Haynes wrote:
Excerpts from Jaromir Coufal's message of 2014-07-09 07:51:56 +0000:
Hey folks,

after few rounds of reviews and feedbacks, I am sending wireframes,
which are ready for implementation in Juno:

http://people.redhat.com/~jcoufal/openstack/juno/2014-07-09_nodes-ui_juno.pdf

Let me know in case of any questions.

Looks awesome!

I may be way off base here (not super familiar with Tuskar) but what
about bulk importing of nodes? This is basically the only way devtest
makes use of nodes nowdays, so it might be nice to allow people to use
the same data file in both places (nodes.json blob).

-Greg

Hi Greg,

thanks a lot for the feedback. We planned to provide a bulk import of
nodes as well. First we need to provide the basic functionality. I hope
we also manage to add import function in Juno but it depends on how the
progress of implementation goes. The challenge here is that I am not
aware of any standardized way for the data structure of the imported
file (do you have any suggestions here?).

We currently accept a nodes.json blob in the following format:

[{
     "pm_password": "foo",
     "mac": ["78:e7:d1:24:99:a5"],
     "pm_addr": "10.22.51.66",
     "pm_type": "pxe_ipmitool",
     "memory": 98304,
     "disk": 1600,
     "arch": "amd64",
     "cpu": 24,
     "pm_user": "Administrator"
},
]

So this might be a good starting point?

-Greg

Thanks Greg, that's a good starting point. We will need to create a blueprint in Horizon's launchpad for it - would you mind to register one with above mentioned format?

-- Jarda