In case of Icehouse on Ubuntu 14.04, you should be able to test this
patch series by grabbing this branch from github:
https://github.com/angdraug/nova/tree/rbd-ephemeral-clone-stable-icehouse

and replacing contents of /usr/share/pyshared/nova with contents of
nova/ from that branch. You may also need to clean out related .pyc
files from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nova/.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko