Hello folks,

Ade raised concerns about the approach taken in the SSL cert CR here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/107190/

In short, he suggests that a state machine approach that gives plugins a lot of
control over workflow is not needed, and could lead to plugin developers having
more difficulty creating new plugins. I think he has valid points, so I created
an etherpad that details a 'generic' workflow approach, and an approach that
simplifies what the plugins need to do (offloading logic to Barbican):
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/barbican-order-cert-gen-interactions

Please take a look at the etherpad and weigh in if you can.

Thanks,
John