On 2014-07-18 15:09:34 +0100 (+0100), Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
[...]
> If there were multiple failures and only some were identified, it would
> be reasonable to *not* automatically recheck.
[...]

Another major blocker is that we often add signatures for failures
which occur 100% of the time, and while those tend to get fixed a
bit faster than 1% failures, automatic rechecks would mean that for
some period while we're investigating the gate would just be
spinning over and over running jobs which had no chance of passing.

I suppose it could be argued that elastic-recheck needs a
categorization mechanism so that it also won't recommend rechecking
for those sorts of scenarios (all discussion of automated rechecks
aside).
--
Jeremy Stanley