On 08/06/2014 04:30 AM, Stefano Santini wrote:
Hi,

In my company (Vodafone), we (DC network architecture) are following
very closely the work happening on Group Based Policy since we see a
great value on the new paradigm to drive network configurations with an
advanced logic.

We're working on a new production project for an internal private cloud
deployment targeting Juno release where we plan to introduce the
capabilities based on using Group Policy and we don't want to see it
delayed.
We strongly request/vote to see this complete as proposed without such
changes to allow to move forward with the evolution of the network
capabilities

Hi Stefano,

AFAICT, there is nothing that can be done with the GBP API that cannot be done with the low-level regular Neutron API.

Further, if the Nova integration of the GBP API does not occur in the Juno timeframe, what benefit will GBP in Neutron give you? Specifics on the individual API calls that you would change would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your input!
-jay