-----Original Message-----
From: John Dickinson [mailto:m...@not.mn]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:24 AM
To: Dugger, Donald D
Still; Mark Washenberger; Dolph Mathews; Lyle, David; Kyle Mestery; John
Griffith; Eoghan Glynn; Zane Bitter; Nikhil Manchanda; Devananda van der Veen;
Doug Hellmann; James E. Blair; Anne Gentle; Matthew Treinish; Robert Collins;
Dean Troyer; Thierry Carrez; Kurt Griffiths; Sergey Lukjanov; Jarret Raim
Subject: Re: Gantt project

Thanks for the info. It does seem like most OpenStack projects have some
concept of a "scheduler", as you mentioned. Perhaps that's expected in any
distributed system.

Is it expected or assumed that Gantt will become the common scheduler for all
OpenStack projects? That is, is Gantt's plan and/or design goals to provide
scheduling (or a "scheduling framework") for all OpenStack projects? Perhaps
this is a question for the TC rather than Don. [1]

Since Gantt is initially intended to be used by Nova, will it be under the
compute program or will there be a new program created for it?

--John

[1] You'll forgive me, but I've certainly seen OpenStack projects move from
"you can use it if you want" to "you must start using this" in the past.