cor...@inaugust.com (James E. Blair) writes:

> Sean Dague <s...@dague.net> writes:
>
>> This has all gone far enough that someone actually wrote a Grease Monkey
>> script to purge all the 3rd Party CI content out of Jenkins UI. People
>> are writing mail filters to dump all the notifications. Dan Berange
>> filters all them out of his gerrit query tools.
>
> I should also mention that there is a pending change to do something
> similar via site-local Javascript in our Gerrit:
>
>   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/95743/
>
> I don't think it's an ideal long-term solution, but if it works, we may
> have some immediate relief without all having to install greasemonkey
> scripts.

You may have noticed that this has merged, along with a further change
that shows the latest results in a table format.  (You may need to
force-reload in your browser to see the change.)

The table only includes CI systems that leave their results in the same
format that we use for Jenkins; we will update the recommendations for
third party CI systems to encourage the use of that format.

This is all still fairly brittle, based mostly on javascript-powered
screen scraping.  However, I'm hoping we can get something like it in a
Gerrit plugin for a more long-term solution to the problem.

Thanks again to Radoslav Gerganov for writing the original change.

-Jim