From: Stefano Maffulli [stef...@openstack.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:18 AM
To: openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] Fwd: FW: [Neutron] Group Based Policy and the way
forward

On 08/12/2014 06:46 PM, Wuhongning wrote:
> I couldn't have been at the IRC meeting for the time difference, are
> there any conclusion for this topic, or is it still open?

I, the PTL, some core reviewers and many in the GBP team are actively
working on a proposal to send to the list for quick evaluation. Stay tuned.

> I've tried
> to collect main concerns from previous posts (if something is lost or
> mistaken, just let me know):
>
> Concern 1 [...] Concern 6 [...]

These are some of the concerns I saw, too. There are other, once you
start looking at this discussion as one touching the larger issue of how
we can, as a community, strike an acceptable balance between shipping
quality code while adding features, keeping the fast innovation pace.

> Is it an option to split the GBP into core and extension, to easily
> meet all those concerns?
[...]

I think these are all valid suggestions and they are in similar forms on
the table at the moment as options.

The solution we're looking for is not something that is limited to GBP
but a wider fix (or at least a reasonable attempt) to the balancing act
I mentioned above: new features vs 'stable' code. Expect a proposal soon.

/stef