Hi, all

It seems that currently it's hard to backport any database schema fix to
Neutron [1] which uses alembic to manage db schema version. Nova has the
same issue before
and a workaround is to put some placeholder files before each release.
So first do we allow db schema fixes to be backport to stable for Neutron ?
If we do, then how about put some placeholder files similar to Nova at the
end of each release cycle? or we have some better solution for alembic.

 From the stable maintainer side, we have a policy for stable backport
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranch

   - DB schema changes is forbidden

If we allow db schema backports for more than one project, I think we need
to update the wiki.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/110642/
<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/110642/>

--