----- Original Message -----
> On 09/04/2014 11:32 AM, Vladik Romanovsky wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > I very much agree with Dan's the propsal.
> >
> > I am concerned about difficulties we will face with merging
> > patches that spreads accross various regions: manager, conductor,
> > scheduler, etc..
> > However, I think, this is a small price to pay for having a more focused
> > teams.
> >
> > IMO, we will stiil have to pay it, the moment the scheduler will separate.
>
> There will be more pain the moment the scheduler separates, IMO,
> especially with its current design and interfaces.

I absolutely agree that the scheduler split is a non-starter without
stabilizing all of the relevant interfaces.  I hope there's not much debate on
that high level point.  Of course, identifying exactly what those interfaces
should be a bit more complicated, but I hope the focus can stay there.

--
Russell Bryant