hey folks,

I am requesting an exception for the Swift trust authentication blueprint[1].
This blueprint addresses a security bug in Sahara and represents a significant
move towards increased security for Sahara clusters. There are several reviews
underway[2] with 1 or 2 more starting today or monday.

This feature is initially implemented as optional and as such will have minimal
impact on current user deployments. By default it is disabled and requires no
additional configuration or management from the end user.

My feeling is that there has been vigorous debate and discussion surrounding
the implementation of this blueprint and there is consensus among the team that
these changes are needed. The code reviews for the bulk of the work have been
positive thus far and I have confidence these patches will be accepted within
the next week.

thanks for considering this exception,
mike

[1]: