On 01/09/14 19:18, Steve Baker wrote:
On 02/09/14 05:58, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
Hello all,

I recently submitted this change:

   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/118190/

This causes the Docker plugin to *remove* containers on delete,
rather than simply *stopping* them.  When creating named containers,
the "stop but do not remove" behavior would cause conflicts when try
to re-create the stack.

Do folks have an opinion on which behavior is correct?

Removing after stopping seems reasonable.

+1

If we wanted to support both
behaviors then that resource could always have deletion_policy: Retain
implemented.

I think you mean Snapshot (every resource supports Retain, because it's just a NOOP), which we may well be able to do something with. However I think the correct way of stopping (& starting) containers is to implement the Suspend/Resume lifecycle operations on the resource.

cheers,
Zane.