On 09/09/2014 03:05 PM, Gilbert Pilz wrote:
I have a question with regards to splitting expressions in order to
conform to the pep8 line-length restriction. I have the following bit of
code:

             res = amodel.Assemblies(uri=common.ASSEM_URI_STR %
                                     pecan.request.host_url,
                                     name='Solum_CAMP_assemblies',
                                     type='assemblies',
                                     description=common.ASSEM_DESC_STR,
                                     assembly_links=a_links,

parameter_definitions_uri=common.ASSEM_PARAM_STR %
                                     pecan.request.host_url)

The line that assigns a value to 'parameter_definitions_uri' is (as you
might be able to tell) too long. What is the best way to split this
expression up?

    pdu = common.ASSEM_PARAM_STR % pecan.request.host_url
    res = amodel.Assemblies(uri=common.ASSEM_URI_STR %
                            pecan.request.host_url,
                            name='Solum_CAMP_assemblies',
                            type='assemblies',
                            description=common.ASSEM_DESC_STR,