On 09/10/2014 06:46 PM, Joe Cropper wrote:
> Hmm, not sure I follow the concern, Russell.  How is that any different
> from putting a VM into the group when it’s booted as is done today?
>  This simply defers the ‘group insertion time’ to some time after
> initial the VM’s been spawned, so I’m not sure this creates anymore race
> conditions than what’s already there [1].
>
> [1] Sure, the to-be-added VM could be in the midst of a migration or
> something, but that would be pretty simple to check make sure its task
> state is None or some such.

The way this works at boot is already a nasty hack.  It does policy
checking in the scheduler, and then has to re-do some policy checking at
launch time on the compute node.  I'm afraid of making this any worse.
In any case, it's probably better to discuss this in the context of a
more detailed design proposal.

--
Russell Bryant