If data that are you planning to pass to the VM is considerably large
Metadata mechanism may be used for passing at least a link to the source of
data and simple shell script that will executed on VM with CloudInit right
after the boot to obtain data via simple cURL.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Denis Makogon <dmako...@mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Agreed with Max.
> With nova you can use file injection mechanism. You just need to build a
> dictionary of file paths and file content. But I do agree that it's not the
> same as you want. But it's more than
> valid way to inject files.
>
> Best regards,
> Denis Makogon
>
> понедельник, 15 сентября 2014 г. пользователь Maksym Lobur написал:
>
> Try to use Nova Metadata Serivce [1] or Nova Config Drive [2]. There are
>> options to pass Key-Value data as well as whole files during VM boot.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly/openstack-compute/admin/content/metadata-service.html
>> [2]
>> http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly/openstack-compute/admin/content/config-drive.html
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Max Lobur,
>> OpenStack Developer, Mirantis, Inc.
>>
>> Mobile: +38 (093) 665 14 28
>> Skype: max_lobur
>>
>> 38, Lenina ave. Kharkov, Ukraine
>> www.mirantis.com
>> www.mirantis.ru
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 10:21 PM, pratik maru <fipuzz...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Xian,
>>>
>>> Thanks for replying.
>>>
>>> I have some data which i wants to be passed to VM. To pass this data,  I
>>> have planned this to attach as an usb disk and this disk will be used
>>> inside the vm to read the data.
>>>
>>> What I am looking is for the functionality similar to "-usb" option with
>>> qemu.kvm command.
>>>
>>> Please let me know, how it can be achieved in openstack environment.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> fipuzzles

Serg Melikyan, Senior Software Engineer at Mirantis, Inc.
http://mirantis.com | smelik...@mirantis.com

+7 (495) 640-4904, 0261
+7 (903) 156-0836