On 9/10/2014 11:08 AM, Kyle Mestery wrote:
On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Matt Riedemann
<mrie...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

On 9/9/2014 4:19 PM, Sean Dague wrote:

As we try to stabilize OpenStack Juno, many server projects need to get
out final client releases that expose new features of their servers.
While this seems like not a big deal, each of these clients releases
ends up having possibly destabilizing impacts on the OpenStack whole (as
the clients do double duty in cross communicating between services).

As such in the release meeting today it was agreed clients should have
their final release by Sept 18th. We'll start applying the dependency
freeze to oslo and clients shortly after that, all other requirements
should be frozen at this point unless there is a high priority bug
around them.

         -Sean

Thanks for bringing this up. We do our own packaging and need time for legal
clearances and having the final client releases done in a reasonable time
before rc1 is helpful.  I've been pinging a few projects to do a final
client release relatively soon.  python-neutronclient has a release this
week and I think John was planning a python-cinderclient release this week
also.

Just a slight correction: python-neutronclient will have a final
release once the L3 HA CLI changes land [1].

Thanks,
Kyle

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/108378/

Matt Riedemann

python-cinderclient 1.1.0 was released on Saturday:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-cinderclient/1.1.0

Matt Riedemann