On 09/15/2014 04:08 PM, Steven Hardy wrote:
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 05:51:43PM +0000, Jay Faulkner wrote:
Steven,

It's important to note that two of the blueprints you reference:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ironic/+spec/drac-raid-mgmt
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ironic/+spec/drac-hw-discovery

are both very unlikely to land in Ironic -- these are configuration
and discovery pieces that best fit inside a operator-deployed CMDB,
rather than Ironic trying to extend its scope significantly to
include these type of functions. I expect the scoping or Ironic
with regards to hardware discovery/interrogation as well as
configuration of hardware (like I will outline below) to be hot
topics in Ironic design summit sessions at Paris.

Hmm, okay - not sure I really get how a CMDB is going to help you
configure your RAID arrays in an automated way?

FWIW, we used Chef to configure all of our RAID stuff at AT&T. It worked just fine for Dell and LSI controllers.

-jay