On 9/22/2014 11:27 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
Hi all,

OK, so we had our inaugural OpenStack Bootstrapping Hour last Friday.
Thanks to Sean and Dan for putting up with my rambling about unittest
and mock stuff. And thanks to one of my pugs, Winnie, for, according to
Shrews, "looking like she was drunk." :)

One thing we're doing today is a bit of a post-mortem around what worked
and what didn't.

For this first OBH session, I put together some slides [1] that were
referenced during the hangout session. I'm wondering what folks who
watched the video [2] thought about using the slides.

Were the slides useful compared to just providing links to code on the
etherpad [3]?

Were the slides a hindrance to the flow of the OBH session?

Would a production of slides be better to do *after* an OBH session,
instead of before?

Very much interested in hearing answers/opinions about the above
questions. We're keen to provide the best experience possible, and are
open to any ideas.

Best,
-jay

[1] http://bit.ly/obh-mock-best-practices
[2] http://youtu.be/jCWtLoSEfmw
[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/obh-mock-best-practices

If you have the slides available before the session it's good to post them, I had them open during the live session since once we got to code examples (and before the links were posted in the etherpad) I was looking at the slides separately.

Matt Riedemann