On 10/2/2014 10:30 PM, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 15:57:55 -0500
Matt Riedemann <mrie...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

The os-interface (v2) and os-attach-interfaces (v3) APIs are only
used for the neutron network API, you'll get a NotImplemented if
trying to call the related methods with nova-network [1].

Since we aren't proxying to neutron in the v3 API (v2.1), why does
os-attach-interfaces [2] exist?  Was this just an oversight?  If so,
please allow me to delete it. :)

The proxying work was not done in Juno due to time constraints, but I
think we should be able to cover it early in Kilo (most of the patches
are pretty much ready). To have a V2.1 which is functionality
equivalent to V2 (allowing us to remove the V2 code) we have to
implement proxying.

Chris

[1]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/network/api.py?id=2014.2.rc1#n310
[2]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/api/openstack/compute/plugins/v3/attach_interfaces.py?id=2014.2.rc1

OK I didn't realize proxying to neutron was back on the table for v2.1 but that makes sense. So the floating IP extensions will be back too I assume? And that probably means that this [1] proxy patch for quota usages and limits is back on the table for v2.1? If so, I can probably restore that and start cleaning it up. Back when work stopped on it in Icehouse I think the thing that was left to do was add it to the base Network API so we didn't have the is_neutron checks in the compute API code (so this will work like the show_ports and list_ports network APIs - implemented by the neutronv2 API and not implemented by the nova-network API).

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43822/

Matt Riedemann