From Horizon, you won’t be able to do keystone way of authentication.

From: Ed Lima [mailto:e...@stackerz.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:30 AM
To: openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] Get keystone auth token via Horizon URL

I'm on the very early stages of developing an app for android to manage
openstack services and would like to get the user credentials/tokens on
keystone to get data and execute commands via the horizon URL. I'm using
IceHouse on Ubuntu 14.04.

In my particular use case I have keystone running on my internal server
"http://localhost:5000/v3/auth/tokens"; which would allow me to use my app fine
with JSON to get information from other services and execute commands however
I'd have to be on the same network as my server for it to work.

On the other hand I have my horizon URL published externally on the internet at
the address "https://openstack.domain.com/horizon"; which is available from
anywhere and gives me access to my OpenStack services fine via browser on a
desktop. I'd like to do the same on android, would it be possible? Is there a
way for my app to send JSON requests to horizon at
https://openstack.domain.com/horizon and get the authentication tokens from
keystone indirectly?

I should mention I'm not a very experienced developer and any help would be
amazing! Thanks