Sean,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this needs to happen on RCs not on
CI tests.

Couple of possible problems I personally see with this approach:
1) Extensive pressure to push new client releases (perhaps the released client
is not as good as intended for just to provide someone tools to get through
tests).
2) Un-necessary slowing of development. If the needed client functionality is
merged but not released, the commits using this functionality will fail. This
IMO fights against the point of having CI as we're still depending on internal
releases during the development process.
3) More skipped tests "waiting" for client release and not catching the real
issues.
4) over time LIBS_FROM_GIT just cumulates having all used clients rendering the
effort useless anyways.

I do agree that we need to catch the scenarios driving you towards this on
whatever we call Stable, but anything out of that should not be affected just
because project does not release monthly, weekly or daily client versions.

I might have missed something here, but I just don't see the correlation  of
unreleased server depending unreleased client being problem.

- Erno