Hi all,

I'd like to continue the discussion on the following thread:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-April/031660.html

Are there still plans for fault injection as an integrated OpenStack project?
Is there any currently ongoing work on it?

I would be interested in implementing fault injection as an its own service,
with a REST API, in order to incorporate a broader fault model in the future. I
noticed the stress test scenarios in tempest and that might be another place to
include fault injection, but a separate API seems cleaner and better decoupled.

Probably it would be good to start off with a service supporting roughly the
features offered by ChaosMonkey, and then extending it to allow for
orchestrated, bigger fault injection campaigns. Could I contribute something in
that direction?

There is also an interesting sketch here:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Stackmonkey

Best,
Lena