From:   Daniele Casini <daniele.cas...@dektech.com.au>
            <openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>
Date:   11/05/2014 07:22 PM
Subject:        Re: [openstack-dev] [Nova] questions on object/db usage

Hi All:

I replaced all db.instance_get_all_by_host() in nova and tested it using
tox.
Might it be useful? If so, Which is the better way to propose it to
OpenStack community?

Best regards,

Daniele

On 10/23/2014 09:01 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
                       When I fix some bugs, I found that some code in
            nova/compute/api.py
                      sometimes we use db ,sometimes we use objects.... do
            we have
            any criteria for it? I knew we can't access db in compute layer
            code,
            how about others ? prefer object or db direct access? thanks

      Prefer objects, and any remaining db.* usage anywhere (other than the
      object code itself) is not only a candidate for cleanup, it's much
      appreciated :)

      --Dan