Hi Team,

I knew we didn't propose this in the design summit and it is kinda rude in
this way to jam a topic into the schedule. We were really stretched thin
during the summit and didn't make it to the Nova discussion. Full apologies
here :)

What we want to discuss here is that we proposed a project in opnfv (
https://wiki.opnfv.org/collaborative_development_projects/rescuer), which
in fact is to enhance inter-DC DR capabilities in Nova. We hope we could
achieve this in the K cycle, since there is no "HUGE" changes required to
be done in Nova. We just propose to add certain DR status in Nova so
operators could see what DR state the OpenStack is currently in, therefore
when disaster occurs they won't cut off the wrong stuff.

Sorry again if we kinda barge in here, and we sincerely hope the Nova
community could take a look at our proposal. Feel free to contact me if
anyone got any questions :)

--
Zhipeng Huang
Research Assistant