Hi there,

My answers inline. CC the dev list too.

On 13 November 2014 01:24, Gary Kotton <gkot...@vmware.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
> At the moment the BP is blocked by the design on splitting  out the vendor
> plugins.

We have implemented the NSXv plugin based on stable/icehouse and plan to
> start to push this upstream soon. So at the moment I think that we are all
> blocked. The NSXv plugin is a holistic one. The IBM and HP are drivers that
> hook into the ML2. I am not sure if these will reside in the same or
> different projects.

I don't think this statement is entirely accurate, please let's not spread
FUD; it is true that splitting out of the vendor plugins has been proposed
at the summit, but nothing has actually been finalized yet. As a matter of
fact, the proposal will be going through the same review process as any
other community effort in the form of a blueprint specification.

The likely outcome of that can be:

- the proposal gets momentum and it gets ultimately approved
- the proposal does not get any traction and it's ultimately deferred
- the proposal gets attention, but it's shot down for lack of agreement

Regardless of the outcome, we can always find a place for the code being
contributed, therefore I would suggest to proceed and make progress on any
pending effort you may have, on the blueprint spec, the actual code, and
the 3rd party CI infrastructure.

If you have made progress on all of three, that's even better!

Hope this help
Armando