Hi All,
        I'm looking for a description of which linux distributions we as
developers expect to support openstack on.  I haven't found anything that
summerises this.

So far the closest I've come is:
1) http://docs.openstack.org/index.html
   We have:
        Installation Guide for Debian 7
        Installation Guide for openSUSE 13.1 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
11 SP3
        Installation Guide for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, CentOS 7, and Fedora
20
        Installation Guide for Ubuntu 14.04

2)
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blame/master/doc/source/overview.rst#L18-L33
   which defines our CI strategy as:
        Ubuntu LTS + dev (14.04 and 14.10)
        Fedora $current and $current-1 (20 and 19)
        RHEL $current (7)

These 2 lists don't have 100% overlap, so perhaps the union would be a
reasonable starting place?

Why am I asking this?

I'm trying to solve a bug[1]. The bug is in a system provided tool (qemu-img)
My belief is that we should add a workaround[2] to nova (and possibly cinder
but I'd need to check) until *all* 'supported' distributions have the qemu-img
fix.  At which point we could revert/remove the work around.  So I'm trying to
define the list of distributions I need to work with.

I'm happy to add something to the wiki once I know what that something is.

Yours Tony.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/123957/
[2] I readily acknowledge that there is an open question as to what that work
around is