Hi,

  Seems we need to use python-keystoneclient and python-openstackclient from
git.openstack.org  because those on pip don’t work.
  But in latest update of stack.sh, it’s to use pip by default

if use_library_from_git "python-openstackclient"; then
    git_clone_by_name "python-openstackclient"
    setup_dev_lib "python-openstackclient"
else
   pip_install python-openstackclient
fi

By looking at use_library_from_git in functions-common, you’ll see
function use_library_from_git {
    local name=$1
    local enabled=1
    [[ ,${LIBS_FROM_GIT}, =~ ,${name}, ]] && enabled=0
    return $enabled
}

LIBS_FROM_GIT which gets it value from DEVSTACK_PROJECT_FROM_GIT
(devstack-gate/devstack-vm-gate.sh), by default, is empty.
I think we should set default value for DEVSTACK_PROJECT_FROM_GIT to fix this.

And by now, we can work around this issue by setting DEVSTACK_PROJECT_FROM_GIT
in our CI.
export DEVSTACK_PROJECT_FROM_GIT=python-keystoneclient,python-openstackclient

This works for me. Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards
Sam