On 11/14/2014 09:58 PM, Radomir Dopieralski wrote:
> On 14/11/14 13:02, Richard Jones wrote:
>> We might even be able to get away without using grunt, though an
>> alternative to its LiveReload facility (and one that doesn't then also
>> depend on another node program like django-livereload does) would be
>> required. I believe tox and django's runserver (and other manage
>> commands) could suffice to replace the other functionality typically
>> provided by grunt.
>
> We don't really need Xstatic for that. The packagers can as well package
> the bower-based packages directly. We can use anything, really,
> as long as we follow a process that makes sure that Horizon can be
> packaged into the different distributions. That is, we need:
>
> 1. All dependencies explicit (with tests failing if a dependency is
>    missing),
> 2. explicit version ranges,
> 3. no multiple versions of the same library,
> 4. additions and upgrades of libraries moderated by the packagers,
> 5. ability to replace the development environment with packaged
>    libraries from the system,
> 6. ability to build and test our software with the tools that can be
>    used by all the distributions.

What I liked a lot with the xstatic package thing, is that it was *very*
easy for me to be able to manage path. Horizon just imports the xstatic
package, and then the BASE_DIR or some symlink do the work.

Whatever system we choose, I'd like it to be at least as simple as
xstatic in this regard.

Thomas