On Nov 14, 2014, at 1:43 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/14/2014 05:13 PM, Everett Toews wrote:
>> The liaison should be a core reviewer for the project, but does not
>> need to be the PTL. By default, the liaison will be the PTL.
>
> ]Anyway, the outcome of the email exchange with Eoghan was that I recommended
> he submit a core for the API liaison to start, and that I would raise the
> issue on the ML to see if those conditions may be loosened to include
> non-cores. And... here is that issue being raised :)

I’m totally fine with that. Ideally it’s the person who is the most passionate
about the API from the team, regardless of core status.

The current wording on the Cross-Project Liaisons page is

"The liaison should be a core reviewer for the project, but does not need to be
the PTL.”

I think the key word there is _should_. Naturally, it’s preferable to want a
core reviewer in this role because they have more say about what gets into the
code base but it’s not an absolute must.

We can loosen the wording further but I think it’s okay to proceed with a
non-core reviewer, especially if that person is passionate about APIs.

Everett