detail=concise is not a media type and looking at the grammar in the RFC it
wouldn’t be valid.

I think the grammar would allow for "application/json; detail=concise". See the
last line in the definition of the "media-range" nonterminal in the grammar
(copied below for convenience):

       Accept         = "Accept" ":"
                        #( media-range [ accept-params ] )

       media-range    = ( "*/*"
                        | ( type "/" subtype )
                        ) *( ";" parameter )
       accept-params  = ";" "q" "=" qvalue *( accept-extension )
       accept-extension = ";" token [ "=" ( token | quoted-string ) ]

The grammar does not define the "parameter" nonterminal but there is an example
in the same section that seems to suggest what it could look like:

       Accept: text/*, text/html, text/html;level=1, */*

Shaunak

On Nov 26, 2014, at 2:03 PM, Everett Toews