Hi

At the cinder mid-cycle meetup, we had a chat with some horizon devs, and
one issue that was bought up is that horizon keeps a copy of the cinder
policy.js and attempts to check it to see if certain operations are allowed
by a specific user.

Since this was universally seen as a sub-optimal idea, we talked about
adding an API for horizon to find out such things. A patch has now bee
proposed, and it would be great if the horizon folks could take a look and
see if it meets their needs. Once we have some agreement, we can then look
at proposing a similar approach for other projects.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136980/

--
Duncan Thomas