Folks,

Recently, as part of the L2 gateway thread, there was some discussion on
BGP/MPLS/Edge VPN and how to bridge any overlay networks to the neutron
network.  Just to update everyone in the community, Ian and I have separately
submitted specs which make an attempt to address the cloud edge connectivity.
Below are the links describing it:

Edge-Id: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136555/
Edge-VPN: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136929 .  This is a resubmit of
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/101043/ for the kilo release under the “Edge
VPN” title.  “Inter-datacenter connectivity orchestration” was just too long
and just too generic of a title to continue discussing about :-(

I had discussions with some of you (who are active on this mailing lis) on edge
VPN connectivity during the Paris summit and also went over it during the
Neutron lightning talks session.  Please take the time to see if you can review
the above mentioned specs and provide your valuable comments.

For those of you in US, have a happy Thanksgiving holidays!

Thanks,
—Hanif.