Hi All,

Looking at the ironic virt driver code in nova it seems that a Conflict (409)
response from the ironic client results in the driver re-trying the request.
Given the comment below in the ironic code I would imagine that is not the
right behavior - it reads as though this is something that would fail on the
retry as well.

class Conflict(HTTPClientError):
    """HTTP 409 - Conflict.

    Indicates that the request could not be processed because of conflict
    in the request, such as an edit conflict.
    """
    http_status = 409
    message = _("Conflict")

An example of this is if the virt driver attempts to assign an instance to a
node that is in the power on state it will issue this Conflict response.

Have I understood this or is there something about this I am not getting right?

Paul

Paul Murray
Nova Technical Lead, HP Cloud
+44 117 316 2527

Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks RG12 1HN
Registered No: 690597 England. The contents of this message and any attachments
to it are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this
message in error, you should delete it from your system immediately and advise
the sender. To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated
you should consider this message and attachments as "HP CONFIDENTIAL".