On 11/28/2014 05:15 PM, Ivan Kliuk wrote:
Hi, team!

Let me please present ideas collected during the unit tests improvement meeting:
1) Rename class ``Environment`` to something more descriptive
2) Remove hardcoded self.clusters[0], e.t.c from ``Environment``. Let's use parameters instead 3) run_tests.sh should invoke alternate syncdb() for cases where we don't need to test migration procedure, i.e. create_db_schema() 4) Consider usage of custom fixture provider. The main functionality should combine loading from YAML/JSON source and support fixture inheritance
5) The project needs in a document(policy) which describes:
    - Tests creation technique;
- Test categorization (integration/unit) and approaches of testing different code base
    -
6) Review the tests and refactor unit tests as described in the test policy
7) Mimic Nailgun module structure in unit tests
8) Explore Swagger tool <http://swagger.io/>

Swagger is a great tool, we used it in my previous job. We used Tornado, attached some hand-crafted code to RequestHandler class so that it inspected all its subclasses (i.e. different endpoint with REST methods), generated swagger file and presented the Swagger UI (https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-ui) under some /docs/ URL. What this gave us is that we could just add YAML specification directly to the docstring of the handler method and it would automatically appear in the UI. It's worth noting that the UI provides an interactive form for sending requests to the API so that tinkering with the API is easy [1].

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0nuxull9mxm5nm/Swagger%20UI%202014-12-01%2012-13-06.png?dl=0

P.

--
Sincerely yours,