As part of setting up version caps for Oslo and client libraries in the stable
branches, we discovered that the fact that we do not always create stable
branches of the Oslo libraries means the check-requirements-integration-dsvm
job in stable branches is actually looking at the requirements in master
branches of the libraries, and failing in a lot of cases. With the move away
from alpha version numbers toward version caps and patch releases, we’re going
to change the Oslo release processes so that at the end of a cycle we always
create a stable branch from the final version of each library released in the
cycle.

Thanks to Clark and Thierry for helping by creating stable/icehouse and
stable/juno branches for most of the libraries, though we’ve discovered one or
two that we missed so we’re still working on a few cases.

For Kilo, we will branch all of the library repositories at the end of the
cycle, probably following the same process as is used for the other projects
(though the details remain to be worked out).

Thanks,
Doug