On 12/02/2014 03:46 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:
1) Conform all o-r-c scripts to the logging standards we have in
OpenStack, or write new standards for diskimage-builder and conform
them to those standards. Abolish non-conditional xtrace in any script
conforming to the standards.

Honestly in the list of things that need doing in openstack, this must
be near the bottom.

The whole reason I wrote this is because "disk-image-create -x ..."
doesn't do what any reasonable person expects it to; i.e. trace all
the scripts it starts.

Having a way to trace execution of all d-i-b scripts is all that's
needed and gives sufficient detail to debug issues.

-i