On 01/12/14 18:34, Angus Salkeld wrote:
I'd suggest a combination between A and B.

We may not be as far apart as I thought.

1) Separate some of the autoscaling logic into libraries in Heat
2) Get the separated REST service in place and working (using the above
heat library)
3) Add an environment option to be able to switch Heat resources to use
the new REST service
4) after a cycle remove the internal support within Heat

That sounds quite sensible to me. The part I care about doing incrementally is splitting the logic (and the DB state) out into a library, i.e. (1). The rest of your plan actually sounds like a better way of switching over to the ReST service once that is done.

+1

cheers,
Zane.