On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 05:12:31PM EST, Chris St. Pierre wrote:
> No, I'm looking to prevent images that are in use from being deleted. "In
> use" and "protected" are disjoint sets.

I have seen multiple cases of images (and snapshots) being deleted while
still in use in Nova, which leads to some very, shall we say,
interesting bugs and support problems.

I do think that we should try and determine a way forward on this, they
are indeed disjoint sets. Setting an image as protected is a proactive
measure, we should try and figure out a way to keep tenants from
shooting themselves in the foot if possible.

--
Sean M. Collins