I am aware of this "New Screen" but it is not useful to me. I'd like to see comments grouped by patchset, file and commented line rather than a flat view mixed with everything else. Anyway, I guess there is no one-size-fits-all solution for this and everyone has different preferences which is cool.

-Rado

On 12/17/14, 8:58 AM, James Polley wrote:
I was looking at the new change screen on https://review.openstack.org
today[1] and it seems to do something vaguely similar.

Rather than saying "James polley made 4 inline comments", the contents
of the comments are shown, along with a link to the file so you can see
the context.

Have you seen this? It seems fairly similar to what you're wanting.

Have
[1] To activate it, go to
https://review.openstack.org/#/settings/preferences and set "Change
view" to "New Screen", then look at a change screen (such as
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/127283/)

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fu...@yuggoth.org
<mailto:fu...@yuggoth.org>> wrote:

    On 2014-12-16 17:19:55 +0200 (+0200), Radoslav Gerganov wrote:
    > We don't need GoogleAppEngine if we decide that this is useful. We
    > simply need to put the html page which renders the view on
    >https://review.openstack.org. It is all javascript which talks
    > asynchronously to the Gerrit backend.
    >
    > I am using GAE to simply illustrate the idea without having to
    > spin up an entire Gerrit server.

    That makes a lot more sense--thanks for the clarification!

    > I guess I can also submit a patch to the infra project and see how
    > this works onhttps://review-dev.openstack.org if you want.

    If there's a general desire from the developer community for it,
    then that's probably the next step. However, ultimately this seems
    like something better suited as an upstream feature request for
    Gerrit (there may even already be thread-oriented improvements in
    the works for the new change screen--I haven't kept up with their
    progress lately).
    --
    Jeremy Stanley