This is another great example of a use case in which these blueprints [1, 2]
would be handy.  They didn’t make the clip line for Kilo, but we’ll try again
for L.  I personally don’t think the scheduler should have “special case” rules
about when/when not to apply affinity policies, as that could be confusing for
administrators.  It would be simple to just remove it from the group, thereby
allowing the administrator to rebuild the VM anywhere s/he wants… and then
re-add the VM to the group once the environment is operational once again.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136487/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/139272/

- Joe