Pawel,

I'm not sure that it's common at all to move the deployed cloud.
Hopefully fuel made it easy enough to deploy that you could simply
reset the cluster and re-deploy with the new network settings. I'd be
interested in understanding why this would be more painful than
re-configuring the public network settings.

Things that need to be changed:
all of the keystone public endpoints
all of the config files using the public endpoints, so anything that
speaks with another endpoint (usually nova [compute & controller],
neutron, possibly others)
corosync config for public vip
(6.0) corosync config for ping_public_gw
host-os nic settings ie /etc/networking/interfaces.d/

now with all that said, I think rather than updating these by hand, we
could get puppet to update these values for us.
The non-repeatable way is to hack on /etc/astute.yaml and then
re-apply puppet (/etc/puppet/manifests/site.pp for each "role: " you
would have had for /etc/astute.yaml

the more-repeatable way is to hack out the public range in the nailgun
database, as well as replace the public_vip value once these are
changed, you should be able to manually apply puppet using the deploy
api (fuelclient can call this) 'fuel --env 1 --node 1,2,3 --deploy'

I've never done this before, but it should be that simple, and puppet
will re-apply based on the current value in the database (as long as
you didn't upload custom node yaml prior to your initial deployment)

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Skowron, Pawel
<pawel.skow...@intel.com> wrote:
> -Need a little guidance with Mirantis version of OpenStack.
>

> We want move freshly deployed cloud, without running instances but with HA
> option to other physical location.
>
> The other location means different ranges of public network. And I really
> want move my installation without cloud redeployment.
>

> What I think is required to change is public network settings. The public
> network settings can be divided in two different areas:
>
> 1) Floating ip range for external access to running VM instances
>
> 2) Fuel reserved pool for service endpoints (virtual ips and staticly
> assigned ips)
>

> The first one 1) I believe but I haven't tested that _is not a problem_ but
> any insight will be invaluable.
>
> I think it would be possible change to floating network ranges, as an admin
> in OpenStack itself. I will just add another "network" as external network.
>

> But the second issue 2) is I am worried about. What I found the virtual ips
> (vip) are assigned to one of controller (primary role of HA)
>
> and written in haproxy/pacemaker configuration. To allow access from public
> network by this ips I would probably need
>
> to reconfigure all HA support services which have hardcoded vips in its
> configuration files, but it looks very complicated and fragile.
>

> I have even found that public_vip is used in nova.conf (to get access to
> glance). So the relocation will require reconfiguration of nova and maybe
> other openstack services.
>
> In the case of KeyStone it would be a real problem (ips are stored in
> database).
>

> Has someone any experience with this kind of scenario and would be kind to
> share it ? Please help.
>

> I have used Fuel 6.0 technical preview.
>

> Pawel Skowron
>
> pawel.skow...@intel.com